Monday, July 16, 2012

James Joyce & the Village Zendo on Broadway


Thanks to the Village Zendo in New York City

When I was in New York City in May, I attended services several times at the Village Zendo on Broadway at the Prince Street subway exit. Twice I hear Pat Enkyo O'Hara Roshi  deliver a teisho. Another time one of her students. Other times I went by just to sit. I enjoy that place. The sangha is open-hearted, and it has developed a nice community spirit. The Sangha members are participants in a number of different communities--political activism, cultural, intellectual, literary, others--and they bring their interests to the Zendo. I liked that. I brought home with me a packet of materials from there, including their very fine brochure which outlines their practice in all of its spheres--and written by a number of the sangha members. You're welcome to come by and read it. 
--Bobby Kankin

1 comment: